Shoulder problems usually involve soft tissue injuries such as muscle strains and injury of the biceps tendon. Less frequently the shoulder joint itself is involved.
This selection of points can be combine with points for pain relief.
- LI 11 – just below the elbow joint, cranial to an easily palpable bony prominence.
- LI 04 – between the 1st (dewclaw) & 2nd finger.
- GV 14 – on the midline in front of the first (easily palpable) 1st thoracic vertebra.
- SI 09 – in a large depression between 2 muscle bellies (deltoid m. & triceps m.)
- GB 21 – cranial to the shoulder blade, almost halfway between shoulder and the upper aspect of the neck.
- LI 15 – just cranial to the distal end of the shoulder blade.
- Restrict exercise! Controlled walking & trotting on the lead only. No running, jumping and starts & stops.
- Avoid stairs.
- Elevate food trays.
- Provide comfortable bedding.
- Massage shoulder area for 2-4 minutes.
- Rotary massaging at GB 21 & SI 09.